Tuesday, March 3, 2009

E-mail to Senator Morse

Dear Senator Morse,

Please do not draft any legislation that imposes a tax on anyone in Oregon. I believe that one of the core values of the Republican Party is to limit taxation. Yes, there is a shortfall in the budget, and yes, the economy is bad. Consider what your values are! Republicans know that in times of economic downturn that the only course of action is to lower taxes to get the economy moving. Consider cutting the budget. I do not want Oregon Legislators to follow the Federal lead of tax and spend and spend and tax and spend some more. Enough with deficit spending. Work within the budget. I know it's not easy to follow a budget, I have to follow one every month, I just don't ever spend more than I have. Please work with the money you do have. Our future depends on men and women, like you, having the strength to seek a way to balance the budget.

Harry

No comments:

Post a Comment