Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Still Unemployed? Why not try something New!

The job market is tight and may get tighter in the coming months as the recession will continue well into next year. Have you ever thought about doing something different from what you do now? I have on occasion been called a computer expert, geek, guru, and my all time favorite computer god, but did you know that I suck at programming? I do. I went to school to become a computer scientist and ended up becoming a professional salesperson instead. In fact for most of my life I have been in some form or another a professional sales person.

Today I use the skills as a professional sales person to promote myself and help others sell themselves to employers. I know that if you are a car technician you will make a great computer repair person. If you are teacher, have you ever thought about being a tour guide. How about selling that fantastic sauce you use on your food to others? If sticking to your current job isn't working out so well try something new.

As a Life Coach one aspect of my business is getting people back to work. I assist in reviewing your resume. I look at your life skills to match them to occupations that you may not have thought you could do. Just because you have been cleaning toilets for a living doesn't mean you need to wait for another similar job. Together we can explore the possible types of jobs that you would be good at and we may even find a job that turns into a career.

From today till July 21, 2010 I will be offering a free resume review. Just send me your resume as an attachment to hyonemura3@yahoo.com and I will return it with comments and suggestions. I make no promises that my suggestions will get you a job, however, having a second pair of eyes never hurts. You can also sign up for the personal one on one coaching with me. Just 30 minutes a week will change you life.

Harry.



Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Post a Comment