Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Glen Beck

I am sure I have got your attention by writing about Glen Beck. Yes I do watch him daily and no I do not ware an aluminum hat. Like any commentator, myself included, Glen offers opinions  about what he sees, hears and reads. That being the case you to need to do the same.

For too long we have forgotten what an argument is; simply put it's disagreement in opinion, philosophy, beliefs, etc. Not hurting people's feelings (politically correct) contradicts our parents advice "Sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me! Said by one youngster to another calling names. [1894 G. F. Northall Folk-Phrases 23]". Why not speak your mind?

I do way too often I'm told. I am not sensitive or understanding of how my words may hurt other people's feelings. You know what I say, to bad. I am done with being politically correct. I am done hesitating to say something I mean. It's over. I believe you can say what you mean without being rude. This is essence of a good argument, facts.

This is why I like to listen to Glen Beck. What every you think of the guy or his commentary, all of the things he presents are based on facts. No one has challenged his assertions. They have smeared him, called him names, and the like, yet the have not factually disproved anything he has said. We need more men and women like him in the media.

So I say watch a show or read one of his books. You will be amazed at what you will find. Here are the ones I own.

No comments:

Post a Comment