Friday, April 24, 2009

What Do I Stand For?

I believe in God. He gives me meaning and purpose.

I believe in freedom for everyone. Every person on Earth deserves freedom.

I believe in Capitalism. Economic justice comes through self-reliance.

I believe in legislative laws. Legislators create laws and the courts enforce them.

I believe in service to one another. We should help each other without governments help.

Against Abortion or what I call Pro Death

Against Gay Marriage – Gay marriage infringes on religious beliefs. If we allow gay’s to marry then we will be opening the door to Men or women who want to marry kids or others forms of marriage.

Against death taxes

I want secure borders. No documents stay out. If you are an illegal alien you are breaking our immigration law. Come here legally or don’t.

I want laws enforced. We don’t need more laws. We need the laws enforced. What we do need is more lawmen and law women.

I want the strongest military in the world. If we want peace we must work for justice. No country will respect or fear us if we are not ready, willing and able to finish any fight thrown at us. The best way to win a battle is to never have to fight.

I want a balanced budget. When the checking account is zero, we don’t spend any more money. We devote a good portion of taxes to pay off our debt before we sponsor any more programs.

I want welfare handled by local organizations. The government doesn’t see the poor and homeless. To them they are numbers. Let the local communities take control of the poor and homeless, they do a better job.

I want vouchers for every child k-12. Socialized education has not worked let the free market try. If parents want to home school the voucher can be used to purchase the materials they need.

No more Federal College grants or secured loans. You can do it on you own. Get a job. I would also offer that many colleges have endowments that would allow them to let all of their students go to school for free. Going to college is not a right it is a privilege. With no more help from government, the price should go down.
I believe in helping out our friends. If you need help I will be there to serve anyway I can.

I support countries that that the same values while I will continue to chastise countries that do not care for human rights.

I will make mistakes. I am human and am prone to error. When I error I will apologize for my actions. I will expect the same from the people I associate with. I will call them on it even at my own peril.

I will stand up for what is right not what is popular. I am a man of principles and values that do not always align with the majority, however; I will be consistent.

I will not be perfect. I will always strive for perfection; however, I know I will always reach excellence.

I am not always the smartest guy, so I will surround myself with them.

I will always listen to your opinion. It matters to me, however, I may still decide to choose a different path that is more inline with my values and principles.

There are many more to add. This is a good start.

Harry