Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Anchor Babies

Many illegal aliens have children in the United States so that they can reap the benefits that the Constitution allows. This is a problem for me because people have broken the law to attain a right. It is wrong for them to be here, so why should we grant American Citizenship to their child? The child innocent in this matter. The parents are the law breakers. I believe that this law will stop this problem.

It is not the United States that is the one's at fault, it is the countries outside our boarders that are the problems. They need to fix their system and not force their citizens to become criminal in our country. We also need to establish a simpler way for people who want to come to out country and become citizens. Our nation is a melting pot dependent on immigrants. My grandfathers parents on my dad's side of the family immigrated from Japan, and on my mothers side some of her ancestors arrived via the Mayflower. The rest of my lineage are Native Americans, Hawaiian and Cherokee, who were here before America existed. They had no choice in the matter of becoming a citizen or not.

I am often asked why I speak out against illegal aliens? My answer is we are a county of laws and if they don't respect our laws why should we respect them. When an American breaks a law they pay a fine or go to jail, however if you are an illegal alien and have a child in America, the parents have already broken a law and are not punished. What message are we sending to the child, or anyone else for that matter. Does the laws of the land apply to them or not? They do and we should enforce them.


[U.S. House and Senate] Support Birthright Citizenship Act of 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment