Monday, November 17, 2008

QBQ

Why am I angry? Well I could blame it on the people who did not send information out on time. I could blame technology for not getting the message across in time. I could blame the person who writes up the reports. I could do a lot of blaming. Does that get me in a better position? No. I need to ask the QBQ (question behind the question). What could I have done better to facilitate a better outcome? How could I have better communicated what I wanted, when I wanted it done and the consequences of lack of action?
This is the second time this has happened to me. The first time was not a pleasant experience and this time is not looking any different. I have let down my family and now need to do something to fix the situation. The first thing I am going to do is to be on top of the people who are supposed to be helping me. Sounds silly that I need to supervise people that are supposed to be providing me with a high level of customer service. In the end it is my responsibility to insure that everything goes according to plan.
In all seriousness I hope that I will help this group of people learn what it is to be accountable. I know I see them for a service. Now I need to take it into my own hands to get the best service that they can provide.

Harry

No comments:

Post a Comment